To assist councils in conducting the required service reviews, LG Professionals, NSW is delivering a series of workshops in collaboration with Morrison Low covering the essential elements of service reviews. Each session is designed to support councils at the various stages of the service review process, to provide a tailored solution.
Suited to councils who have clarified which service they are to review and are ready to start the process, participants will leave with a documented process, templates and plan for specific reviews, along with clarity for what is required to undertake the service review.
Objectives covered include:
- Design a Service Review - each key step, activity, tool, templates and techniques
- Workshop and group discussion
- Sharing approaches and templates
- Clarity on council's approach to their review
Who Should Attend
This course is open to any employee at council responsible for service reviews, but is primarily for:
- Councils that have committed to service reviews
- Councils that have started with a defined approach, and would benefit guidance and reassurance
- Data requirements - what and why? including: historical, trends, output, outcome and comparison
- Service levels and KPI's
- Customer needs versus expectations and affordability
- Stakeholder engagement
- Option identification and options analysis
- Recommendations - quick wins and longer-term improvement
- Implementation - what, who and how
- Reporting - key outputs and consistency
- Lessons from other service reviews
Benefits for the Delegate
Participants will leave this workshop with a documented process for specific service reviews and clarity on what is required to undertake the service review.
Benefits for Council
Council can expect to advance their service review program, with a clear process for the delegates to engage their senior leadership team.
In Council Delivery
If you have a number of people at your council or in your region that would benefit from this program, this course is available for in council delivery. With any group size up to 20, room size permitting, we will come to your council and deliver a tailored version of the course designed for your team members.
In council training for 1 day: $4,950 inc GST.
Includes all workshop materials, any tailoring of the programs and travel expenses to major hubs may be additional. The venue and catering are to be provided by council.
Stephen is Director of Morrison Low Consultants, based in the company’s Sydney office. He has 20 years’ experience as a local government group manager, public policy analyst and project manager and 14 years as a consultant to local government. During this time, he participated in several organisational improvement projects that have given him a sound understanding of all council activities and service. Since joining Morrison Low, Stephen has led a number of service and organisation-wide review projects in New South Wales, Queensland and Western Australia. These reviews have covered all council functions, and benefited clients though savings and efficiency gains, changes in service delivery models, service levels, funding methods and structure. Stephen believes involving key internal stakeholders in any review is critical to ensure a high level of participation and understanding of the process but also to successfully embed the changes in the organisation once the review is complete.
To enquire about in council delivery of this course contact Maria Walsh on 02 8297 1213 or [email protected].