Governance Member Network
The Governance Member Network supports, promotes and develops local government governance practitioners and professionals. This member network highlights and contributes positively to governance issues within the industry.
The Member Network seeks to:
- Maintain and grow the current strong interest levels of the member network
- Develop strategies to raise awareness and involvement in the governance network in local government throughout NSW
- Foster better interactions with other Member Networks with a particular focus on providing information and advice and also to serve as a contact point for regional and remote NSW councils on governance matters
- Raise the understanding of governance issues across the industry
- Contribute to and promote key policy directions in its specialty area
- Host regular forums on governance related issues for NSW councils and
- Support Local Government Professionals Australia, NSW overall directions.
Meetings are held regularly and are hosted by a different metropolitan or rural councils each time.